Why apply with TerraWest Environmental Inc.?
TerraWest is a different kind of full-service environmental consulting organization. Different for employees and different for clients. Different in that TerraWest and its employees value the direct client relationships that allow us to provide the best environmental consulting advice and have a thorough connection from the start of a project to its finish. As employees, we know that we grow and prosper by building relationships that help our clients succeed. To us our clients are people, not revenue streams.
TerraWest is offering an exciting position to an ambitious professional that desires to create & grow an Environmental Health and Safety division, with a primary focus on hazardous building materials assessments and ambient air monitoring. Expansions are being considered in both our Victoria and Prince George offices.
- Have experience with the identification of hazardous building materials & collection of samples including bulk asbestos, lead, UFFI, PCBs, and related
- Be proficient in the laboratory set up, collection, and analyses of air monitoring samples for asbestos
- Hold a valid membership and credential as a CIH, ROH, CSP, CRSP, P.Eng; or, have a combination of requisite experience and AHERA certification
- Have a working knowledge of WorkSafeBC safe work practices for the handling & analyses of asbestos or hazardous materials and the BC Occupational Health and Safety Regulation
- Proficient in the generation of technical reports and use of Microsoft Office at a minimum
- Experienced in business development and /or the creation of new programs
TerraWest offers a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop and grow your career. Compensation commensurate with experience, and TerraWest provides health benefits smartphone, a personal training and development budget payment of professional dues and the regular bells and whistles.
Good fit People
We selects people who are a “good fit”. To us this means someone who understands environmental consulting; is willing to work hard yet enjoy your personal life & be part of a team committed to growing the company. You would also have a good sense of humour & be able to connect with & build relationships with others. Ideally you have an established network of local contacts & have the ability to build strong & enduring relationships quickly.
Please send your cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should indicate how you meet our requirements including how you “fit” with TerraWest.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.