Why apply with TerraWest Environmental Inc.?
TerraWest is a different kind of full-service environmental consulting organization. Different for employees and different for clients. Different in that TerraWest and its employees value the direct client relationships that allow us to provide the best environmental consulting advice and have a thorough connection from the start of a project to its finish. As employees, we know that we grow and prosper by building relationships that help our clients succeed. To us our clients are people, not revenue streams.
TerraWest is expanding! We are currently recruiting for Project Technologists to join our Hazardous Materials department. TerraWest provides clients with hazardous materials and designated substances surveys, worker exposure assessments, and specialized indoor environmental quality services, such as indoor air quality investigations, and water damage/ mould assessment services.
- Perform hazardous materials assessments on all types of buildings and structures
- Schedule inspections with clients and contractors
- Communicate with project managers and supervisory personnel for all aspects of work
- Conduct on-site inspections during demolition or removal of hazardous materials
- Perform mould, indoor air quality, water loss, and mould assessments
- Collect building materials and environmental samples, completion of chains of custody, and submit samples for laboratory analysis
- Equipment calibration and use
- Complete proper field forms for reporting purposes
- Assess worker exposure to selected contaminants
- Collect of air samples for asbestos and conducting PCM analysis
- Interpret analytical results
- Prepare reports and site plans outlining the findings on site and associated recommendations
- Manage time on projects effectively and efficiently
- Ensure the well-being and safety of workers and building occupants at project sites
- Understand proper procedures and project scope of work
- Prepare daily trip plans to assess health and safety risks and implement mitigation procedures while on site
- Consulting experience, ideally related to the responsibilities of the position
- A degree, diploma, certificate or designation in Construction Technology, Architectural Technology, Civil Engineering, a Bachelor of Science or Applied Science, AHERA, Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH/ROHT) would be an asset
- A related certificate or license would be an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Report writing, reviewing, and editing skills
- Must be able to read and understand technical specifications, drawings and reports
- Ability to work outside of core business hours, including evenings and weekends and some travel
- Ability to climb 6-8 foot step ladder, and occasionally use a 15-25 foot extension ladder to access roofs
- Ability to carry up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to wear a respirator as required for work
- Applicants must have a current and valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle that can safely transport equipment (ladders, tools, totes), and with sufficient insurance.
- Must be able to legally work in Canada
TerraWest offers a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop and grow your career. Compensation commensurate with experience, and TerraWest provides health benefits smartphone, a personal training and development budget payment of professional dues and the regular bells and whistles.
Good fit People
We selects people who are a “good fit”. To us this means someone who understands environmental consulting; is willing to work hard yet enjoy your personal life & be part of a team committed to growing the company. You would also have a good sense of humour & be able to connect with & build relationships with others. Ideally you have an established network of local contacts & have the ability to build strong & enduring relationships quickly.
Please send your cover letter & resume to: email@example.com. Your cover letter should indicate how you meet our requirements including how you “fit” with TerraWest.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.